Saturday, March 03, 2007

In which I feel a little let down

My copy of Interweave Knits arrived today. At last. I must be one of the last people in the world to receive it! But I needn't have worried - I don't think I would have missed much if it hadn't arrived. I think the only thing in it I would consider knitting is Grumperina's Roza's Socks.

Everything else, to me, is rather ho hum. I kind of like a few things but the shape or the neckline or whatever is not my cup of tea. For example, why on earth would you make a v-neck with one side longer than the other? It makes it look like you knitted it wrong. Or that is what the non-knitting public would think at any rate. Otherwise, that top is a very nice, classic little piece. A little unfair of me, I guess, to single out that one particular piece but that is one that annoyed me. I like balance and that top offended my sense of balance!

Also, did anyone else notice that a few of the garments look like they should have been a slightly larger size for the model? In no way am I saying the models are too large. Not at all! But just a couple of the garments look ill-fitting to my eye. Take the Dollar and a Half Cardigan that many seem to be raving over. A very nice cardigan but the button band is gaping and the sleeves are a tad too long. Also the Bauhaus Fair Isle (again a very nice jersey) should be longer in the body length as well as in the sleeves for the model. Shouldn't it? Or am I just being picky?

Maybe I am just put out that the magazine I have been haunting the letterbox for has been such a disappointment. I hope this is not repeated in a couple of weeks when the books I have ordered from Amazon arrive!

My apologies to anyone who notices my favourite blogs list in the sidebar. The names seem to be awol at present. This will be rectified as soon as I know why it has happened and how I can fix it! Thank you for being patient with me.

2 comments:

Bess said...

I was dissapointed in this issue too - though I never expect much from warm weather knitting magazines.

Lucky you - you're going into the cold season.

underdutchskies said...

I was also disappointed in this issue (and I thought I was the last on the planet to receive it here in Amsterdam!) but not for the same reasons as you. As for the ill-fitting cardigan, that's what's in the shops here, so it's the fashion. Ho hum. Nothing in this issue jumped out at me as something I'd like to either knit OR wear, except for the entrelac socks. I might have to give those a try.
Alexandra (from knitting review "udsshopping", just returned from NZ with bags full of yarn)