Thursday, April 15, 2010

Here I Go Again...!

I said last time that I would be back soon so here I am! So much has happened since I last wrote a "proper" post that I'm not sure that I will be able to catch up, but here goes...

Fibre Swap
In December of last year, members of the
New Zealand Fibre Swap Ravelry group had a secret swap which I joined in on for the first time. My swapee (the one whom I received a parcel from) was Kate and if you look at the photos of the gorgeous items she sent you will see just how spoilt I was! Thank you again, Kate!





Blendy's Yarn Sampler Box
In January I joined in with many others and bought a box in
Blendy's New Zealand Yarn Sampler Box with what I felt, at the time, was a mixed success. I felt that $35.00 (plus postage for a rather oversized box for what what inside) was a little steep considering what was contained in the package.



After I got over my initial disappointment, I did a bit of maths and sort of realised that maybe the cost wasn't too bad but I still feel that it is a lot considering that it is really hard to use up very little samples in a useful way. I guess it is a way, though, to put my creative hat on - if I can find it, that is!

Both the Fibre Swap and the Sampler Box have just had, or are into, their next round but I have decided not to join up with either this time. Financial restraints, time restraints etc, etc.

Time's fast running out so this will have to be it, for now. I have a horrible feeling that no photos will appear. Not sure why but I don't have the time now to try and fix it. Will try and do that in the weekend. Till then, cheerio!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with your comments on the Sampler box, I was excited to recieve mine in Jan but quickly realised there wasn't much to it and was disappointed with how much I'd paid. Didn't go back for another box this time.